Next meet Friday 23rd of February (Centre Championships)
Tiny Tots, Under 6, Under 7 – 100m, 150m, Long Jump and Shotput Under 8 – Hurdles, 100m, High Jump and Discus Under 9 and Under 10 – Hurdles, 800m, High Jump and Discus Under 11+ – Hurdles, 800m, Triple Jump and Javelin
5:15pm for Warm ups for a 5:30 start
Centre Championships start tomorrow night, a few things to be aware of:
* Firstly and most importantly ALL athletes (including visitors) are welcome to participate in our meets.
* Athletes (with the exclusion of Tiny Tots) should be in FULL centre uniform. That is black shorts and the centre top.
* Athletes need to have name badges and sponsor badges on the front of their tops. (There is a previous post with a photo with the correct placement of sponsor badges)
*Athletes need to have earnt their 25 event badge (at a minimum) to be eligible for placings in the Centre Championships.
* Athletes must have competed in each event two (2) times to be eligible for placings (there may be some events where this will be reduced to one (1) time)
* Parents are still encouraged to cheer for their child but must not coach their child, that is instruct them how to compete. Any parent/guardian found to be in breach of this may be removed from the field and/or see the athlete disqualified from that event.
* The age group official may give factual advice to an athlete should they foul (eg your foot was over the line) but can not instruct the athlete how to correct this.
* If you have any concerns with an official or an event please speak directly to a committee member, do not raise these with the official.
* Over the course of the 3 week program some events are run twice, it is only the first instance of these events that are considered championship events.
* Finally remember we are all volunteers and our main focus is on our kids having fun.
FIND US ON FACEBOOK!!